Date of Last Revision: September 24, 2020
OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
Throughout this policy, we use the term “personal information” to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been aggregated and/or anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user.
1. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Personal Data You Provide: We collect personal information when you create an account or link your accounting or tracking software to the service. The personal information collected during these interactions may vary based on what you choose to share with us, but it will generally include your name, date of birth, physical address, email address, phone number, and a log of the transactions you authorize through the service. We may need to collect additional information, such as your street address, certain digits of your social security number, or zip code to fulfill our legal obligations related to providing the service to you. In addition, we may collect your location information.
Personal Data We Collect Through Our Social Media Pages: We have pages on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter (“Social Media Pages”). When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect personal information that you elect to provide to us, such as your contact details. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
Personal Data We Receive Automatically from Your Use of the Service: When you visit, use and interact with the service, we may receive certain information about your visit, use or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit the service, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access the service (e.g., Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and navigation pattern. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log data: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site (“log data”). Log data includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the service.
- Device information: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Information: We collect information about how you use our service, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency and duration of your activities.
Your Choices. On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
If you access the Site on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
2. HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
We may use personal information for the following purposes:
- To help you access and use the service;
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback or questions;
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the service, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- To analyze how you interact with our service;
- To develop new products and services;
- To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our service, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks; and
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or other third parties.
Marketing.We may contact you to tell you about services we believe will be of interest to you. For instance, if you elect to provide your email or telephone number, we may use that information to send you special offers. You may opt out of receiving emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you. You can also control the marketing emails and/or text messages you receive by updating your settings through your account. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, please contact us at email@example.com. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications but we will continue to contact you regarding our Site and services and to respond to your requests.
3. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
In certain circumstances we may share your personal information with third parties without further notice to you, unless required by the law, as set forth below:
- Vendors and Service Providers:To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share personal information with vendors and service providers, including providers of hosting services, cloud services and other information technology services providers, email communication software and email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, financial service providers (including payment card processors, banks, and API services) customer relationship management and customer support services, and web analytics services (for more details on the third parties that place cookies through the Site, please see the “Cookies” section above). Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process or store personal information in the course of performing their duties to us. We take commercially reasonable steps to ensure our service providers adhere to the Security standards we apply to your personal information.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider, your personal information and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the services, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
- Other users: Your personal information may be accessible to other users of the service with whom you interact. For example, where you share a sub-account with other users (such as if you create a sub-account to share expenses related to a family vacation), the other users with access to the sub-account will have access to the transactions you authorize within that sub-account.
4. DATA RETENTION
5. UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
Please log in to your account or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to change or correct your personal information.
Our service is not directed to children who are under the age of 13. Earning Together does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to Earning Together through the service please contact us at legal @earningtogether.com and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
7. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
You use the service at your own risk. We implement reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect personal information both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the service or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any personal information to Earning Together via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the service, or third party websites.
9. YOUR CHOICES
In certain circumstances providing personal information is optional. However, if you choose not to provide personal information that is needed to use some features of our services, you may be unable to use those features. You can also contact us to ask us to update or correct your personal information.
11. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS - DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
12. CONTACT US